Sunday, February 8, 2009

10 things I want to do before I die

Amanda, who is one of Paul Bogush's students, started a meme last week that she hopes will sweep through the blogosphere. She writes in her post:

I know mostly everyone has heard “well what things do you want to do before you die”. There’s books that say 100 things to see before you die or 50 things to do before you die. But I’m wondering right now if you had to pick 10 things to do before you die what would they be and do you have reasons why?

I was tagged by Paul and before I could write the post I was also tagged by Stacy, so here is my list:

10 Things I want to do before I die:
  1. First and foremost before I kick the bucket I would like to finish the farm house. My husband and I have this farm house that was built in 1887 it was purchased by his parents in the 1970's. It is currently completely gutted. I would love to finally be able to have it all finished and actually live there.
  2. In addition to having the house finished I would love to have an in ground pool out back. I love to swim and relax in the sun during the summer. It would be nice to not have to travel to the public pool to do so.
  3. I want to travel to Ireland. I would love to see where my grandmother grew up and meet my family that still live there. I would love to Kiss the Blarney Stone.
  4. I want to see my children grow up and be happy. I can't wait to see what they become.
  5. I want to have Grandchildren someday. I want to spend time with them, spoil them and send them home. I want to give them the experiences that I had with my grandmother and the experiences that my children have with my mother or mother-in-law.
  6. I want to travel the United States. I would love to take time and drive from here to California and stop and see all the sites I can along the way. I would love to see the Grand Canyon, Mt. Rushmore, and many other places.
  7. I would love to volunteer to do some type of aid or teaching in a third world country.
  8. One thing that my husband I have talked about doing is renewing our vows on the beach someday.
  9. Someday I would love to set up an after school tutoring center for students in my hometown. It would be a place where they could hang out after school and get help with homework from volunteers.
  10. Someday, I will overcome my fear of heights and either skydive or bungee jump.


Now it is your turn tag at least 5 people! Please tag your blog with 10tdb4id so we can keep track. I tag the following bloggers

2 comments:

  1. Hello I'm Amanda from Mr.Bogush's class

    What a wonderful list. I love how you said you want to spoil your grandchildren like your grandmother did. My grandmother spoils me and my brother but she one of my best friends. We are so alike. I have always wanted to go to Ireland. Some of my family has a background from there and it's such a great place. My mom came in mind when you said you want to renew your vows on the beach. She says the same thing to my dad all the time. I know she'll get her way someday. I think it's really great how you want to set up an after school center. That will be great for kids. I'm sure it would be tons of fun and help for them. Love number 10 I would like to go skydiving also. Scary but having the feeling of freedom in the air would be amazing. Sorry, I just had to say so much. Once again great list and hope it all comes true for you. Thank you for joining in on the "10 thing".

    -Amanda-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry. I was signed onto anther name. We didn't know until I posted the comment. My blog address is http://amandae09.edublogs.org/. Sorry about that once again.

    -Amanda-

    ReplyDelete